21 July 2010

This isn't quite the beginning...

I have been thinking all day, with nervous excitement, ’ ok, here we go.’

I’m not sure what it is about today that feels like the ” beginning” , but it’s false.

The truth is, we’ve been going for quite some time….but I’ll come back to that thought.

I sit here, at current in a coffee shop in tulsa pondering the next few weeks ahead… Meetings with wonderful organizations who are doing wonderful things in the hardest parts of the globe- my whole purpose being to learn, to soak up every ounce of knowledge and passion from them that is possible in our short sit-down time. Realizing how out of my league they are- I can’t wait to pummel them with my questions. ( all motive of being graceful and charming out the door, no need to impress, these people have things that I want to KNOW!)

I feel the weight tonight of going before a group of potential-donors next week in a high rise in Manhattan. I am not confident in what I am going to present. This will be my first presentation of its kind. I am by no means confident in eloquence or persuasion- I am only confident in knowing He who sent me… knowing that the God of Hope is not too far to save and move- in any situation..and we’re just along for the ride. He said go, and go we will.

I keep thinking of the scripture where Jesus tells his disciples to not worry about what to say when they are brought before the authorities- for they will be given the words to say when they need them- I fully understand this, in its context, regards persecution on behalf of the Savior, not a company that is looking to fund deserving humanitarian efforts- But I just can’t get away from it. He’ll speak.. He always does.

Back to the thought from earlier ( as everyone who knows me laughs because I can’t remember the last time I started & finished a thought in the same stream of consciousness…) - You know that saying, ” do it scared”- I would like to add to that, ” do it alone” , ” do it uneducated” , ” do it under-prepared’ , ” do it under-qualified” , just… DO it. ( probably need to credit Nike for that one. ) whatever it happens to be….

Paul said he was the chiefest of sinners.I am the chiefest of heel-draggers of entrepreneurs. I am ill-fit to carry on in the business world… and I think that may be why I’m here. For I will never be able to boast in accomplishments. In intellect or stature. For only by the Grace of God are any of us able to take a step towards his Kingdom.And only by His kindness are we “able” to do anything. But I say that to say- this isn’t the beginning. This is an arrival. An arrival that, if stopped at, would be disobedience- but an arrival to note, nod, learn, and keep going. One foot ( unsure footing as it may be) at a time. I have a dear friend who says she ” follows her feet” - they have taken her to amazing places.. I hope to be as bold as she in her steadfast obedience to the Lord.

So… to all of us. in whatever we have at our hand to do, our biggest dreams and our smallest longings… to those of us, the scared, the unsure, the insecure, the arrogant, the fallen… By His Grace & to His glory… let’s have a go. until the whole world knows. LC

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Good stuff Laura.. That last paragraph really spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura! This is awesome! I'm so proud of you and can't wait to see where the Lord leads you...btw, if you ever need any help or anything I can help you with, let me know!

    ReplyDelete